Social and mobile are impacting almost all aspects of shopping in today’s world – may it be the trend of using tablets as sales assistant in-store or boosting e-commerce sales figures through innovative usage of social commerce and mobile technologies. This article reviews these trends and presents some amazing facts and numbers.
Some interesting statistics are:
- 14% of UK consumers now prefer to shop online using their mobile device
- Mobile shopping will account for $119bn of all online sales globally by 2015
- Social shopping is most popular in Indonesia, where 80% of consumers recommend products on social networks, followed by Asia (55%) the Americas (49%) and Europe (29%)
- Tablet commerce will grow by triple digits in 2013 for the third year running, to reach £3.57 billion ($5.67 billion)
- The total sales through mobile devices (m-commerce) figure will reach £6.61 billion ($10.49 billion) in 2013 and reach £17.24 billion ($27.36 billion) by 2017
Find more interesting numbers on this at http://www.mycustomer.com/news/mobile-and-social-helping-boost-ecommerce-surge